Proposed construction of 39 residential units, widening of Pausdeen Bridge and all associated site works at Newtown/Ardclough Road, Newtown, Celbridge, Co. Kildare - Section 177AE of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended)
Application to An Bord Pleanála for Approval under Section 177AE of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended).
Proposed construction of 39 residential units, widening of Pausdeen Bridge and all associated site works at Newtown/Ardclough Road, Newtown, Celbridge, Co. Kildare
Pursuant to the requirements of Section 177AE(4)(a) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) and the requirements of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), notice is hereby given that Kildare County Council proposes to make an application for approval to An Bord Pleanála to carry out the following development at Newtown/Ardclough Road, Newtown, Celbridge, Co. Kildare.
Proposed Development: The demolition of existing single storey uninhabitable dwelling, construction of a of 39 residential units, comprising of 1 four-bedroom two-storey house, 13 three-bedroom two-storey houses, 8 one-bedroom single storey houses, three storey apartment blocks comprising a mix of, 4 three-bedroom duplex apartments, 6 two-bedroom duplex apartments, 3 two-bedroom single storey apartments, and 4 one-bedroom single storey apartments, widening of the existing Pausdeen Bridge to include a pedestrian footpath to its east side, removal of part of existing stone wall to road level, new guarding wall, re-routing and reconnection of existing services, culverting of stream, tree surgery, and all relevant ancillary site works. The proposed works also includes site entrance, car parking, bicycle parking, hard & soft landscaping, tree surgery, boundaries, site clearance works, new internal road and footway network, amenity facilities, public lighting, signage, connections to existing services and all ancillary site development works above and below ground. The site is located approximately 5.6km from the Rye Water Valley/Carton SAC (Site code:001398), connected indirectly by the River Liffey which borders the land holding.
A Natura Impact Statement has been prepared in respect of the proposed development. An Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Report has been undertaken in respect of the proposed development and concluded that an Environmental Impact Assessment Report is not required. An Bord Pleanála may give approval for the development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
A copy of the plans, particulars and the Natura Impact Statement of the proposed development will be available for inspection, from 14/08/2023 until 28/09/2023 (inclusive of both dates) at
- the offices of Kildare County Council, Aras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare, W91 X77F (Public Display Area, Level 1) during normal office hours (Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 4.00pm, excluding Bank Holidays and Public Holidays). Please note that an appointment may be necessary to access the building. Bookings can be made online at http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/OnlineBookingSystem/
- the online consultation portal on the website of Kildare County Council at: https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/en/consultation/proposed-construction-39-residential-units-widening-pausdeen-bridge-and-all-associated-site-works
Submissions or observations may be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902 before 4.00pm on 28/09/2023 on the proposed development in relation to:
- the implications of the proposed development for proper planning and sustainable development in the area concerned,
- The likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, and
- The likely significant effects of the proposed development on the European Site if carried out.
A person may question the validity of any such decision by the Board by way of an application for a judicial review under Order 84 of the Rules
of the Superior Courts (S.I. no 15 of 1986) in accordance with Section 50 of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended.
Practical information on the review mechanism can be accessed under the heading Publications – Judicial Review Notice 2012 on the Board’s website www.pleanala.ie or on the Citizens Information Service website www.citizensinformation.ie.