Draft Athy Local Area Plan 2021 - 2027
Pursuant to Section 20 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) notice is hereby given that Kildare County Council, being the Planning Authority for the area, has prepared a Draft Local Area Plan (LAP) for Athy.
The Draft Athy Local Area Plan 2021-2027 comprises a written statement with maps, an Urban Regeneration Framework (appendix 1 of LAP) and Architectural Conservation Area Statement of Character and is accompanied by:
- An Environmental Report on the likely significant effects on the environment on implementing the LAP - pursuant to the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004-2011;
- A Natura Impact Statement - pursuant to the EU Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC);
- A Strategic Flood Risk Assessment Report - pursuant to Section 28 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended);
- A Strategic Planning and Infrastructure Assessment.
- A Social Infrastructure Audit (SIA)
- Area Based Transport Assessment (ABTA)
View the Draft LAP and documents
A copy of these documents may be inspected from 17th of December 2020 to 8th of February 2021 inclusive (inc. additional 9 days for Christmas closure) at the following locations:
- On this page in the Materials Section
- Planning Office, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas during opening times of 9.00am–4.00pm, Monday to Friday (closed Bank Holiday Mondays). In accordance with public health advice, appointments must be booked in advance at http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/OnlineBookingSystem/ and face coverings must be worn in public buildings.
- Athy Community Library, Former Dominican Church, Athy for the duration of the public consultation period, subject to any public health restrictions regarding COVID 19 which may be in place at the time. The library will be open by appointment only for 30 minute slots which can be booked through the website Book Athy Library . The library will provide this service during normal service hours and, in compliance with public health advice, customers visiting the Library buildings MUST wear face coverings. Where face coverings are not worn, service may not be possible.
Queries can be made to the Forward Planning Team on 045-980845
Submissions / Observations
Submissions/observations must be received before 5pm on 8th of February 2021.
Submissions/observations made with respect the Draft LAP within this period will be taken into consideration by the Elected Members before the making of the Athy Local Area Plan. Please include your name and contact details on a separate sheet to the content of your submission/observation as submissions will be published on the council’s consultation website. The Chief Executive’s Report on submissions and observations received will include the names of those who made submissions or observations. The Chief Executive’s Report will subsequently be published on the Kildare County Council website.
Make a submission;
Submissions/Observations may be made as follows:
- On this page at 'Make a Submission' or
- In writing to: Senior Executive Officer, Planning Department, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare (clearly marked “Draft Athy Local Area Plan 2021–2027”).
Any submission or observation shall state your name address and where relevant, the body or organisation represented. Children or groups or associations representing the interests of children are entitled to make submissions or observations on the draft LAP.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF SUBMISSIONS: 5pm on 8th of February 2021
Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. in hard copy or online.
E-mail or faxed submissions will not be accepted.
Details of your privacy entitlements and obligations under GDPR can be read here: http://www.kildare.ie/countycouncil/AllServices/Planning/LocalAreaPlans/