P82022-14 - Proposed social housing development and regeneration works at St. Patrick's Park, Rathangan, Co. Kildare.
PART 8 DEVELOPMENT
Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) – Part XI
Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended) - Part 8
Site Location: St. Patrick’s Park, Rathangan, Co. Kildare, R51 E308.
Proposed Development: Pursuant to the requirements of the above, notice is hereby given by Kildare County Council of a proposed social housing development and regeneration works at St. Patrick’s Park, Rathangan, Co. Kildare.
The proposed development comprises of the demolition of 15 no. dwellings, Refurbishment of 25 no. dwellings, construction of 7 no. dwellings and extensive site development works to create a new landscaped public open space. These works will consist of:
- Construction of 1 no. 4-Bed 1-storey dwelling, 3 no. 3-Bed 2-storey dwellings and 3 no. 2-bed single-storey dwellings.
- Refurbishment of 17 no. vacant units and 8 no. occupied units.
- Demolition of 15 no. units to allow the development of a new landscaped public open space.
- Removal of existing hardscaped play area and replacement with a new landscaped public open space and car parking.
- The provision of new car park area on Kildare County Council lands to the north-west.
- Proposed new gate access to adjacent Kildare County Council lands.
- The removal of existing back lane and extension of existing gardens to the rear of units 657 to 662.
- Associated site development and civil works; including works to existing site and dwelling boundaries, boundaries to new dwellings; drainage, utilities, public lighting; upgrade of paths and roads, new paths and roads and hard landscaping, ancillary site services and site development works above and below ground; Extensive Site Development Works to create New Landscaped Public Open Space
This application also includes an Appropriate Assessment Screening report and an Environmental Impact Assessment Screening report.
The proposal has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screening under the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC), the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended, and the European Communities (Bird and Natural Habitats) Regulations 2011 – 2015. Kildare County Council has determined that an Appropriate Assessment is not required. The proposed development will not have a significant effect on a European Site.
In addition, the proposal has also undergone screening for Environmental Impact Assessment under the EIA Directive 2011/92/EU as amended by Directive 2014/52/EU, (and the relevant provisions of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended, and the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended) and Kildare County Council has determined that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and that an Environmental Impact Assessment is not required.
In accordance with Article 120 of the planning and development Regulations 2001 (as amended), any person may, at any time before the expiration of 4 weeks beginning on 4/11/2022, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the proposed development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development (Part 8 Ref No. P82022.14) will be available for inspection or purchase for a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, at the offices of Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare. W91 X77F (public display area, Level 1) during its public opening hours by appointment during the period from 4/11/2022 until 2/12/2022 (both dates inclusive). Please note that an appointment may be necessary to access the building. Bookings can be made online at http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/OnlineBookingSystem/
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will also be available to view on Kildare County Council’s website at https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/browse and http://www.kildare.ie/countycouncil/AllServices/Planning/Part8Schemes/ and at www.gov.ie/en/consultations/ during the period from 4/11/2022 until 2/12/2022 (both dates inclusive).
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development and dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made in writing before 4.00pm on 16/12/2022 to:
Fiona Byrne, Housing Department, Level 5, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare. W91 X77F
All submissions and observations should be headed “Part 8: Proposed Social Housing Development and Regeneration Works, St. Patrick’s Park, Rathangan, Co. Kildare, R51 E308. Planning Ref No. P82022.14”
All comments, including names of those making comments, submitted to the Council regarding this scheme will form part of the statutorily required report to be presented at a meeting of the elected members. Accordingly, they will also be included in the minutes of that meeting and may appear in the public domain.