Section 38 - Roads Traffic Act 1994 - Proposed Interim Cycle Scheme: R148 Station Road, Leixlip (Intel roundabout to Leixlip Garda Station)
KILDARE COUNTY COUNCIL
SECTION 38 OF THE ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1994
In accordance with the provisions of Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act 1994,
Kildare County Council hereby gives notice of its intention of:
Proposed Interim Cycle Scheme: R148 Station Road, Leixlip (Intel roundabout to Leixlip Garda Station):
- Reconstruction of existing segregated cycle tracks and footpaths to current NTA design standards between the Intel roundabout and the Lidl carpark.
- Increased width of the current on-road cycle lanes.
- Installation of vertical protection of on-road cycle lanes in the form of reflective flexi bollards.
- Upgrading of cycle tracks and on-road cycle lanes with line marking, cycle symbols and thermoplastic colouring.
- Reduction of carriageway width to approx. 6.5m to help reduce vehicular speeds.
Drawings showing the proposed works will be available for inspection at the following locations from Monday, 04 July, 2022 to Friday, 05 August, 2022:
The office of Kildare County Council, Level 4, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare Monday – Friday between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm.
- The Consultation website of Kildare County Council at:
Representations relating to the above mentioned proposed works may be made on line at https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/en/consultation/section-38-roads-traffic-act-1994-proposed-interim-cycle-scheme-r148-station-road-leixlip-intel
OR in writing to the: A/Senior Executive Officer, Roads, Transportation and Public Safety Department, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare on or before 5pm on Friday, 19 August, 2022.