Section 38 Road Traffic Act 1994 Proposed Traffic Calming Measures at Derrinturn National School
KILDARE COUNTY COUNCIL
PROPOSED TRAFFIC CALMING MEASURES
SECTION 38 OF THE ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1994
In accordance with the provisions of Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act 1994,
Kildare County Council hereby gives notice of its intention of:
Derrinturn National School Public Realm Improvement Plan comprising of:
- Reconstruction and widening of footpaths on both sides of the carriageway from the R403 along the L5023 past Derrinturn NS to promote safe active travel.
- Installation of 2 no. controlled pedestrian crossings on the R403 outside Derrinturn Church and outside main gate entrance to Derrinturn NS.
- Installation of new public lighting and pencil bollards from the R403 along the L5023 past Derrinturn NS.
- Raised crossing points to be installed at both entrances to Trinity Crescent and traffic calming ramps installed at either side of Derrinturn NS on the L5023 to reduce vehicular speeds.
- On-street parking on the northern side of the main school entrance removed and replaced with a set down zone and an accessibility parking space.
- School boundary wall on the southern side of the main school entrance to be offset by 2 meters to allow for the installation of a new 2-meter-wide footpath leading to main school entrance.
- Safe routes to school initiatives such as surface colouring, bollards and signage to be incorporated outside the school to enhance greater safety to vulnerable road users.
Drawings showing the proposed works will be available for inspection at the following locations from Tuesday 24 May 2022 to Tuesday 21 June 2022
- The Consultation website of Kildare County Council at https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/en/consultation/section-38-road-traffic-act-1994-proposed-traffic-calming-measures-derrinturn-national-school
- The offices of Kildare County Council, Level 4, Aras Chill Dara, Naas, Co. Kildare Monday – Friday between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm, BY APPOINTMENT. Appointments must be made in advance at http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/OnlineBookingSystem
Submissions or observations relating to the above mentioned proposed works can be made
online at https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/en/consultation/section-38-road-traffic-act-1994-proposed-traffic-calming-measures-derrinturn-national-school
OR In writing to the: A/Senior Executive Officer, Roads, Transportation and Public Safety Department, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare W91 X77F on or before 5:00pm on Tuesday 21 June 2022
Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. in hard copy or online