Section 38 Road Traffic Act 1994 - Proposed temporary cycle & seating infrastructure along Main Street (R445-27) and Edward Street (R445-28) Newbridge
PROPOSED TRAFFIC CALMING MEASURES
SECTION 38 OF THE ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1994
In accordance with the provisions of Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act 1994, Kildare County Council hereby gives notice of its intention of:
Proposed Temporary Cycle and Seating Infrastructure along Main Street (R445-27) & Edward Street (R445-28), Newbridge
- Installation of temporary cycle tracks protected by passive safe bollards and line marking buffer zones on both sides of the Main Street (R445-27) from Riverbank to Bord Na Mona Entrance, Newbridge.
- On street parking on Main Street (R445-27) to be offset on both sides of the carriageway to allow for protective buffer zones and proposed cycle tracks.
- Parklets and seating/bicycle parking arrangements to be located along designated car parking spaces on Main Street & Edward Street (R445-27/28) between Riverbank and Eddie Rockets, Newbridge.
Drawings showing the proposed works will be available for inspection at the following locations from Tuesday 26 October 2021 to Tuesday 23 November 2021:
- The consultation website of Kildare County Council at: https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/en/consultation/section-38-road-traffic-act-1994-proposed-temporary-cycle-seating-infrastructure-along-main-street
- The offices of Kildare County Council, Level 4, Aras Chill Dara, Naas, Co. Kildare Monday – Friday between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm, BY APPOINTMENT. Appointments must be made in advance at http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/OnlineBookingSystem/
Submissions or observations relating to the above mentioned proposed works can be made online at https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/en/consultation/section-38-road-traffic-act-1994-proposed-temporary-cycle-seating-infrastructure-along-main-street
OR in writing to: A/Senior Executive Officer, Roads Transportation and Public Safety Department, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare, W91 X77F on or before 5:00pm on Tuesday, 07 December, 2021
Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. in hard copy or online.