Section 38 - Road Traffic Act 1994 - Newtown National School Public Realm Improvement Plan
KILDARE COUNTY COUNCIL
PROPOSED TRAFFIC CALMING MEASURES
SECTION 38 OF THE ROAD TRAFFIC ACT 1994
In accordance with the provisions of Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act 1994,
Kildare County Council hereby gives notice of its intention of:
Newtown National School Public Realm Improvement Plan comprising of:
- Construction of 2m wide footpath from Cappagh GAA to Newtown National School to promote safe active travel.
- Installation of traffic calming features including 3 no. round top ramps, line marking and traffic calming signage.
- Construction of vehicle pull-in areas to allow safe passing of vehicles between Cappagh GAA and Newtown Village.
- On-street parking along school boundary wall to be removed. 2 no. accessibility parking spaces to be located at the school entrance on the southern side.
- Safe routes to school initiatives such as surface colouring, pencil bollards and signage to be incorporated outside the school to enhance greater safety to vulnerable road users.
Drawings showing the proposed works will be available for inspection at the following locations from Tuesday 25th October 2022 to Friday 25th November 2022
- The Consultation website of Kildare County Council at https://consult.kildarecoco.ie/en/consultation/section-38-road-traffic-act-1994-newtown-national-school-public-realm-improvement-plan
- The offices of Kildare County Council, Level 4, Aras Chill Dara, Naas, Co. Kildare Monday – Friday between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm, BY APPOINTMENT. http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/OnlineBookingSystem/
Appointments must be made in advance at http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/OnlineBookingSystem
Submissions or observations relating to the above mentioned proposed works can be made
OR In writing to the: A/Senior Executive Officer, Roads, Transportation and Public Safety Department, Kildare County Council, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare W91 X77F on or before 5:00pm on Friday 25th November 2022
Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. in hard copy or online